Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Who is sharing the easiest chicken recipe ever!

Good Morning! Good Morning! 

(someone at work pointed out that I like to say a lot of thing in twos - "good morning, good morning" or "hello, hello" - not really sure why? Just want to sound upbeat maybe?)
Since this blog post has no pictures - thought I would add one of Yosey =)
On Monday I mentioned I was going to share about my weekend today ... but I have to admit, I just did not get to it (and I did not take enough pictures ... need to get better about that!!).

I never want to "glorify busy" and make it seem like I am important because I am the busiest person in the world... but since I did start my Human Anatomy class and lab this week, I have been a little bit out of the loop - but hopefully I will find my groove soon and can get into a schedule.
Also, as you read this - I am probably in the air on my way to NYC for a work trip. Short trip, but get excited for some Central Park running pictures =)

I wanted to pop in today to share the easiest recipe in the world!

On Mondays and Tuesdays I will have about 10 minutes to eat dinner before my 6pm classes and I also want to be a good wife and have dinner for my hubby ... therefore, the crockpot will become a good friend! One of my favorite crockpot recipes is ....

SALSA CHICKEN

Ingredients
  • 1 big chicken breast or 2-3 small chicken breasts
  • 1/2 a packet of taco seasoning (reduced sodium!)
  • 1 can of black beans (reduced sodium and drained)
  • 1 can green chilies 
  • 1 jar of your favorite salsa (Have an extra jar or a bigger jar for chips or to use if needed)
  1. Put your chicken breast into the crockpot and sprinkle the taco seasoning on all sides 
  2. Pour in the black beans, chilies and salsa
  3. Stir the ingredients and make sure the chicken is completely covered and there is some liquid in the crockpot, if the chicken is not covered - add more salsa (or if you are going to have the crockpot on for more than 6 hours - add more salsa to insure it does not dry out)
  4. Turn the crockpot on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6 hours. (You can use frozen chicken too - but allow for extra time)
  5. Once the chicken is cooked, it should fall apart easily and shred it with 2 forks 
This chicken is very tasty and moist and you can use it in so many different ways!
You can make chicken tacos, big taco salads, or I have used it in casseroles too.

A tasty, easy casserole can be made as follows: take the cooked, warm, shredded chicken and put it into a 8 X 8 pan and then top the chicken with corn bread batter (Jiffy is the best!) - then bake the 8 X 8 pan according to the directions of the corn bread. Once the corn bread is cooked, you can dish it out! Yummm  ....

Now it is your turn - help me out and share some of your favorite healthy crock pot recipes?!

1 comment:

Disclaimer

I am not a registered dietitian (yet). My blog is simply a snapshot of my everyday life. The views I express are mine alone, based on my own experiences, and should not be taken as medical advice. Though I am a certified fitness instructor, the workouts I post may not be right for you. Please speak with a medical professional before making any changes to your current routine.