Friday, September 19, 2014

Five Things Friday 9.19.14

It is Friday Friday! I have had a lot of work dinners this week (including tonight), so I am excited for the weekend to relax a little and catch up with B!

I wanted to participate in Clare's Five Things Friday post because they are just so much fun to write up! Love reflecting on the week and also I forget sometimes how much fun Pinterest can be, so here is ....


Five Things I Ate:
  • Lemon cake for my birthday! 
    • My mom made one of my favorite lemon cakes and I snacked on it throughout the week. It is ridiculously easy to make and low in calories (but not really good for you because very processed ... but hey, it is dessert!). All you do is take a box of lemon cake mix, and take 12 ounces of Diet 7up and mix them together and bake them for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees. Don't forget to top it with lots and lots of cool whip!
  • Dark Chocolate Covered Cherries! 
    • Another birthday treat from B! I LOVE dark chocolate and Michigan is the cherry capital... so dark chocolate covered cherries are a Michigan treat! Also, I am very proud to say this bag lasted over a week - I savored them!
  •   Homemade Stir-Fry
    • It is our last week of our CSA (sad), but we had a lot of great veggies, so I decided to throw everything together and make chicken stir fry over brown rice for dinner
  •  Pork Roast 
    • I like to use the slow cooker on evenings when I have class because then B will have dinner ready for him when he gets home. This week I got a pork roast from Trader Joe's and made a simple sauce and cooked it in the slow cooker ... tasty! 
  •   Boring pre-plated reception dinners
    • I had two big dinners for work this week ... which means rubbery chicken ...

Five Workouts:
Workouts are always a little boring currently because it centers around running ... it was a high mileage week.
  • Monday - 9 miles  - legs were tight from my race on Saturday
  • Tuesday - 6 miles 
  • Wednesday - WORKOUT  - 6 X 800 meters  - legs were still a little tight, so not my fastest, and SO glad I had company (thanks Laura!)
  • Thursday - Off day ... love sleeping in on Thursdays!!
  • Friday - 10 miles 
Hoping for a good 20 mile long run tomorrow!! Fingers crossed.

Five Things I Pinned:

1) Such a cool idea!
Source

2) I love salty sweet  - so these look amazing!!
Source
3) I know Christmas is still far away ... but never too soon to be thinking about traditions!

Source
 4) I have to have a cute puppy picture!! This is actually practical because they get in to so much as a puppy! haha


 5) In honor of seeing my best friends next week in Cali!



Five Things Making me Happy:
  • I am going to admit it ... Taylor Swift's new song called Shake it Off ... makes me happy! Love dancing to it with Yosey in the mornings! If you have not seen the video, you should watch it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM
  • NEXT WEEK I AM GOING TO CALIFORNIA TO SEE MY BEST FRIENDS!!!! Cannot wait!
  • My sister in law got engaged recently and I love getting a peak at a little bit of the wedding talk. I am also going to be a part of planning an engagement party. My event planning side is pumped. 
  •  Weekend plans involve B getting to fly an airplane and me in the backseat! For our anniversary I got B a discovery flight lesson and we are finally going to use it this Saturday
  • Weekend plans also involve going to an apple orchard!! Fall is here! 
Weekend plans also involve studying because I have my first written exam on Monday and a big lab quiz on Tuesday ... that is not part of my Five Things ....

What is something you ate this week? Or something that makes you happy??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am not a registered dietitian (yet). My blog is simply a snapshot of my everyday life. The views I express are mine alone, based on my own experiences, and should not be taken as medical advice. Though I am a certified fitness instructor, the workouts I post may not be right for you. Please speak with a medical professional before making any changes to your current routine.