Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Who takes a survey ...

Good Morning Good Morning!

Since this is a new blog, I want to share a bit more about myself so we can get to know each other.  I thought filling out a fun little survey would be an easy way to share! I also LOVE reading when other bloggers post and respond to surveys.

I saw a survey that Julie from Pbfingers posted called "This or That" and I thought I would tackle it!

Here we go ...

This or That?!?

* Run or Work out in the heat/humidity or the freezing cold?

 That is frost on my face!!
Freezing cold for sure! We moved up to Michigan last June and this winter (while training for Boston) was the coldest, and snowiest winter in Michigan's history --- it was brutal, but I learned, with some yak traxs and the right layers, zero degrees (feels like -14) is doable, and actually not too bad! I just always have to worry about my hands getting cold - but I have these tiger striped HUGE mittens that I use =) Mittens are a secret to warmth because your body heat helps keep the fingers warm. 

Also, some of my spring marathons in 80+ weather are the WORST!

* Have Washboard abs or Flat abs?
Umm... Kind of a weird question, but I would not mind washboard abs I guess!

* Cardio or Strength workouts?


Loving cardio!
I am addicted to cardio (running, HIIT, bootcamps...), but I know you need strength training too and I have to admit, I love seeing the results of strength .... but if I have to choose, always cardio!

* Cravings: Protein or Carbs?
Carbs! No questions asked ... I love carbs - I am not a huge pasta eater, but I like a good homemade loaf of bread (I have a great banana bread recipe!), and sweet taters!



* Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper?
I would have to say Jillian Michael - I liked to be pushed and I think she could definitely push me!

* Frozen yogurt or Ice cream?
I LOVE both of them and I would say they are both the things I like to splurge on every once in a while. If I had to choose I would say frozen yogurt because I love adding the toppings, and you can have a little bit more because it is yogurt =)
My favorite yogurt place in Indianapolis!


* Strength training upper body or Lower body?
Upper body for sure - I love working my arms! I think it is because I feel like I work my legs when I run, and I love seeing results in my arms

* Protein powder or Food with Protein?
Food with protein - I have never really used protein powder. Also, people do not need as much protein as we sometimes think, so I think we can get what we need from food.
Enjoying sweets at my bachelorette
party!

* Sweet or Salty?
 BOTH! I love things that are salty and sweet --- trail mix, pretzel and jello dessert ...
If I had to choose, sweet!

*Workout Attire: Cute or Comfy?
I am all about comfy and utility when it comes to workout attire - but I love bright, fun colors too! There are some great places to find cute, comfy workout clothes for a good prices and that is the perfect combo. I love Old Navy, Marshall's and TJ Maxx for workout clothes!

* Body Pump or Heavy lifting?
Body pump! The gym I work at does not have Body pump, but my old gym in Indy did have it and I always left the classes feeling so accomplished and sore! Heavy lifting is a bit intimating for me. 

* Running: Treadmill or Outdoors?
YOU HAVE to try them!
Outdoors! I HATE the treadmill, and avoid it at all cost.

* Whole Foods or Trader Joe's?
Trader Joe's - I go there for a small number of specific things - cheap wine, dried mango (seriously you have to try it - no additives, and so sweet!), pizza dough (the whole wheat dough is so good!), pizza sauce, guacamole made with greek yogurt that is so tasty and less calories, and dark chocolate covered marshmallows (girls gotta have her chocolate!).

* Summer or Winter Olympics?
Summer Olympics, I love the swimming and running. 

* Exercise classes or Exercise video?
I teach exercise classes - so I have to say exercise classes =) And I do love them!

* Steamed veggies or roasted veggies?
Roasted green beans from B's
 garden
Roasted veggies all the way! 




Now your turn:
Would you rather work out in the heat/humidty or in the freezing cold?
And Sweet or Salty?

3 comments:

  1. Definitely HOT!! I don't like layering up & I like to get a little suntan going on!!
    Definitely SWEET!! No brainer there!! I'd be fine without eating salty things - give me cupcakes & cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quizzes like this! I think I prefer cold running - in general I prefer cold to hot and totally salty things, I can't say no to chips :)

    - Lizzy G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring on the heat!! I love me a little dry heat. As for that humidity, I'll pass. :) And pass the salt for me!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

I am not a registered dietitian (yet). My blog is simply a snapshot of my everyday life. The views I express are mine alone, based on my own experiences, and should not be taken as medical advice. Though I am a certified fitness instructor, the workouts I post may not be right for you. Please speak with a medical professional before making any changes to your current routine.